Sweet Sixteen Party Themes
Turning 16 is one of the first big milestones in someone’s life. It is a fun and exciting time for any teenager – and it certainly deserves a party to celebrate! There are many sweet sixteen party themes that would be perfect for your son or daughter’s birthday. Before choosing a theme, think about what your teen might want at their party, the number of guests that are likely to attend, and the venue for the party. Once you have those details figured out, choose a fun sweet 16 theme for the big event!
- Hotel Spa Party: This sweet 16 theme is great for a small party with a few close friends. Rent a hotel suite for the night for your daughter and her friends. Decorate the room to look like a real spa. Set up different spa station for facials, manicures, and pedicures. Play Caribbean music in the background and serve virgin pina coladas and daiquiris. This sweet 16 party theme will definitely be a hit!
- Hollywood Party: Roll out the red carpet for this sweet sixteen party theme! Send out invitations to your guests to let them know about the big event. Hang up old Hollywood posters around the room. You could even make a Hollywood Walk of Fame star for each of the guests attending the party. Give out miniature Oscar statues as awards for best dressed, best dancer, etc.
- Sports-Theme Party: This is a fun sweet 16 theme for either a boy or girl birthday party. Send invitations to your biggest fans that look like tickets to a sporting event. Decorate the room to look like a stadium using your favorite sports gear and other party supplies. Some fun activities to play at the party are sports trivia, flag football, and set up an obstacle course.
- Fortune Teller Party: For this sweet 16 theme party, you could either hire a palm reader or have an adult dress like a gypsy to read your guest’s fortunes. Serve fortune cookies and star shaped cookies. For activities at this party, you can do tarot card readings, palmistry, or have your guests write horoscopes for each other!
- Backyard Bash: A great sweet 16 party theme idea is to host the party in your backyard for an all out dance party. Hang up twinkle lights and lanterns to illuminate your yard. Invite guests to kick off their shoes and start a dance party on the lawn set to a great playlist of all your teen's favorite songs.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now