Celebrate a quarter of a century of marriage and start your 25th anniversary party planning. Recruit a local party planner to assist with large parties or plan smaller celebrations yourself. Plan everything from the venue and guest list to the budget, invitations, decorations, food, entertainment, and the cake.
Here are a few important things to consider when planning a 25th wedding anniversary party:
- Guest List: Start planning a 25th anniversary party with a list of guests. Invite immediate family members and close friends for a small gathering or invite extended family, both old and new friends, and colleagues for a large celebration. Decide in advance whether or not to invite young children.
- Budget: Setting a budget is one of the most important party planning tasks. Set aside a small percentage of your total budget as a cushion in case you incur any unexpected costs during the party planning process.
- Venue: Pick your local party venue based on your budget and the number of guests that will be in attendance. Venue options include a local hall, function room, restaurant, residence, or backyard party. Pick a place that goes with a specific theme or one without décor to act as a blank slate.
- Invitations: Browse our selection of free, online anniversary invitations for your 25th anniversary celebration on Punchbowl. Select an invitation with a silver color scheme to symbolize 25 years. Include information on the invitation such as the name of the event, the guests of honor, date, time, and location.
- Decorations: Decorate the venue with spectacular 25th anniversary party decorations. For fall or winter celebrations, spray paint pine cones in a silver color and hang them with ribbon. Place the pine cones in a tall vase or low bowl for centerpieces. Decorate spring and summer anniversary celebrations with colorful flower arrangements tied with silver ribbon.
- Food: Serve delicious food for your anniversary party guests. Start off with savory appetizers such as stuffed mushrooms, coconut shrimp, cheese and crackers, and mini spring rolls. For celebrations at restaurants or function halls, select a few options and let the guests choose their meals. For a backyard event, hire a local caterer that does barbecue-style fare. Don’t forget to serve drinks such as wine, mixed drinks, and non-alcoholic beverages. Serve coffee when it’s time to eat the anniversary cake.
- Entertainment: Hire a live band for great entertainment throughout the party. Book a local band and request popular songs from the year the couple was married, or take it a step further and hire the band from the couple’s wedding day!
Planning a 25th wedding anniversary party is all about the details. Make yourself a checklist to keep track of all the tasks and have fun celebrating 25 years of happiness!