The Monkey House
1638 University Ave
The Monkey House is a charming and intimate performance space with the vibe of old Vaudeville. We're perfect for smaller gatherings, especially those that include any type of stage performance -- storytelling, comedy, improv, small theater, acoustic music, jazz, you make it!
• Excellent location with easy parking, three blocks from North Berkeley BART.
• Seating capacity is 65. There's room for about 100 people standing.
• 16' x 38' main area with 10.5' ceiling. Greenroom/break space also available.
• 6' x 12' stage.
• 6 - 20" x 19" folding tables.
• Ceiling fans and air conditioning.
• 59 padded folding chairs, plus sofa and easy chair. (Unneeded chairs can be stored beneath stage or stacked against a wall.)
• A full sound system including wireless handheld mic, additional mics and stands, 12-channel Mackie mixer, reverb, compression and effects.
• Reading/music stands with lights.
• The ceiling has been professionally soundproofed, but this is not a good location for VERY LOUD events such as rock bands with drums or dance parties with heavy bass.
• Six LED stage lights with programmable lighting board. Dimmable room lights.
• 2 mounted video projectors and pull-down screens: 72" screen onstage, 84" screen in front of the stage. We have blackout curtains so presentations look great, day or night.
• Hard-wired video camera with stereo shotgun mic.
• Additional music gear available for reasonable rental: digital piano with weighted keys, acoustic and electric guitars, basses, amplifiers, Ludwig drum kit (brushes or bundles only)
• ADA-compliant bathroom.
• Audio and lighting tech available for additional charge.
• Small kitchen available for additional charge.
More Sports & Entertainment Venues near Berkeley, California
The Great Highway-Home of Gary Pollack Classic Cars1100 Industrial Rd. #14, San Carlos, CA★Featured ListingIntroducing the newest, most unique “Classic Car” venue in the San Francisco Bay Area. Welcome to “The Great Highway-Home of Gary Pollack Classic Cars." We invite you to be our VIP’s as we go back to ...Read more