Best All Occasion Guacamole Dip
Whether you are hosting a birthday, baby shower, tailgate party, BBQ, game night, or cocktail party there is no better staple to have on your menu than guacamole dip. It’s easy to make and even easier to eat. This guacamole dip recipe is guaranteed to impress all of your guests regardless of the occasion!
Ingredients (Serves 6-8 people):
- 6-10 Ripe Hass Avocados (depending on size)*
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Cilantro (finely chopped, stems removed)
- 2-3 Heirloom Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (minced, ~ roughly 1/2 cup)
- Fleur de Sel (or other coarse salt)
- 1 Lime
- 2 Cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
*Note: When shopping for avocados make sure they are ripe if you plan on using them immediately. When ripe, the skin becomes a dark, purplish-black and yields to gentle pressure.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel and put in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado in the mixing bowl using a fork (leave at desired chunkiness). Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper, then juice the lime over the bowl and mash some more. If you love cilantro, use a lot. Some people think it's too overpowering. Add as much as you desire. Just don’t leave it out completely.
- Add the tablespoon of sour cream and mix. The sour cream adds a nice creaminess to the guacamole that will set it apart from others.
- Lastly, add the tomatoes and mix them in gently. If you mash them in too hard, the guacamole will become soupy.
- Garnish with cilantro and slices of lime.
- Serve immediately with authentic tortilla chips or cover air-tight (the guacamole will brown quickly) and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now