New Year's Birthday Ideas
Being born on New Year’s Eve is less than ideal for the birthday boy or girl to get the love and attention they deserve. NYE birthdays often take a back seat to big, late-night plans that friends and family make months in advance. Additionally, many people are too exhausted (or too cash-strapped) from Christmas shopping, wrapping, cooking, baking, cleaning, and hosting to even think about someone’s birthday.
So how can you best celebrate a New Year’s birthday and send Happy Birthday and New Year wishes? Read on for New Year’s Eve birthday ideas to help a loved one feel special on their big day.
New Year Birthday Greeting Cards
Send warm Happy Birthday and New Year wishes with online birthday cards and New Year eCards that have the look and feel of paper greeting cards and can be sent right from your phone. Customize everything from the written message inside, the fonts, and text colors, right down to the stamp and the liner on the envelope. Add a heartfelt video message or include a thoughtful gift card the recipient will love.
New Year’s Eve Birthday Party Ideas
There are several ways to embrace New Year’s Eve and put twists on traditional NYE celebrations for a birthday party. Here are a few New Year’s Eve birthday party ideas for kids and adults!
- NYE Birthday Invitations. Set the tone for your party with beautiful, online New Year's Birthday invitations. Customize your digital invitation, send it to your guests via text or email, and easily keep track of RSVPs. Guests can open your invitation right from their phone and RSVP in seconds.
- Countdown to Cake. Make a birthday boy or girl feel super special with a countdown of their own! Bake a batch of these adorable Countdown Cupcakes that kids can enjoy after they count down from 10 to 1 and sign “Happy Birthday.” Have plenty of noisemakers, kazoos, and confetti-filled balloons on hand so little ones can make some noise and pop the balloons at the end of the countdown.
- Pre-Game Party. Consider hosting an early evening get-together so that guests can still attend late-night festivities. For decorations, silver, gold, and black are the go-to colors for New Year’s Eve parties and can easily be incorporated into your birthday party through balloons, streamers, and tableware. Finger foods like cheeseburger sliders, cocktail meatballs, and cheese crostinis are perfect for keeping guests happy but not too full. Set up a station for guests to DIY New Year’s Eve crowns, hats, or headbands that they can wear later that evening. Lastly, treat guests to a little something sweet and “toast” the birthday honoree with gorgeous Bubbly Champagne Cupcakes.
- The Perfect Gift: Choose a gift that suits the person you're celebrating. That could be pretty much anything, from concert or sporting event tickets to an Air B&B gift card, or elegant treasures like beautiful pearls or a designer watch.
- New Year’s Day Birthday Brunch. Don’t want to compete with NYE plans? Host a brunch on January 1st for the birthday honoree instead. A New Year’s day birthday brunch is the perfect way to celebrate someone special and kick off the year. Menu items can include a waffle bar with fun toppings, winter vegetable quiche, sweet potato hash with chorizo, and a fresh fruit salad. Be sure to have plenty of Mimosas, Bloody Marys, orange juice, and coffee on hand. Make a stack of pancakes with rainbow sprinkles and candles for the honoree and have guests sing “Happy Birthday!”
Remember that NYE birthdays are always worth celebrating no matter how busy the holiday season is. Birthday and New Year’s Eve parties can be blended into a fun and fantastic celebration, or hosts can plan festivities on New Year’s Day. However you choose to honor and acknowledge an NYE baby, know that they’ll appreciate the love and attention on their special day!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now