Japanese Dinner Party
Enjoy a delicious chicken teriyaki dinner while sipping on sake and anticipating green tea ice cream for dessert. You can savor all of these wonderful treats by gathering family and friends and throwing a Japanese themed dinner party! Follow Japanese tradition and greet all guests at the door of your home by saying, “yokoso,” or “welcome,” in Japanese.
Japanese dinner party ideas include:
- Appetizer: Choose traditional dishes when creating the Japanese dinner party menu. Serve miso soup for an appetizer in Japanese-style bowls with Japanese soup spoons.
- Main Course: After guests finish their appetizer, serve chicken teriyaki mixed with vegetables as the main course. If there is enough room available, hire a chef to bring a teppanyaki grill and cook in front of the guests. Another option is to hire a professional sushi chef to run a sushi bar for the night. Allow guests to visit the sushi bar and select their favorite sushi roll.
- Dessert: For dessert serve a fruit salad mix with cantaloupe, honeydew melon, pineapple, and strawberries. Another sweet treat is green tea ice cream! For beverages prepare green tea, both hot and cold. Also consider sake as an alcoholic beverage.
- Table Setting: Set each place setting at a coffee table or other low table. Cover the table with a white or black table cloth and red napkins. Use bamboo place mats and provide guests with plates and chopsticks. Surround the table with decorative and comfortable pillows for seating.
- Ambiance: Create a traditional Japanese ambiance by decorating the room with Japanese lanterns. Use the colors red, white, and black for the color theme. Play Japanese music in the background.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now