Plan a winter wonderland party that is truly memorable for your family and friends. Incorporate a winter wonderland party theme for a modern and elegant way to celebrate the winter season. Throw some cocktails into the mix to add an extra winter wonderland fun factor for the adults.
Here are some winter wonderland party ideas and tips for how to create your own winter wonderland:
- Create an event on Punchbowl and choose a beautiful winter wonderland online invitation that fits with your winter wonderland theme. Think snowflakes with silver, white, and icy blue accent colors. Plan your event on Punchbowl to access beautiful free winter wonderland invitations to send out to guests.
- Keep decorations for winter wonderland themes simple by placing snowflake cut-outs on your tables and tastefully using artificial snow throughout your party. One nice centerpiece idea for the cocktail tables is to take a clear vase and spray the outside with artificial snow spray. Then fill the inside with a winter white flower display. Use the artificial snow spray on windows and wreaths for additional winter wonderland décor.
- Create a signature cocktail to serve, to complement the winter wonderland theme party. Instead of buying mixes and ingredients for many different drinks, poll your guests on Punchbowl to find out which cocktail they favor so you can serve it at your event. We love this super easy Holiday Eggnog recipe:
- 6 large eggs (separated)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 c. whole milk
- 3 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. bourbon
- 1/4 c. dark rum
- 1/4 c. Cognac
- nutmeg for garnish
In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until they’re thick and pale in color. Slowly, beat in the sugar. Wish in the milk and 2 c. of the heavy cream. Mix in the bourbon, run, and Cognac. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. When you’re ready to serve, beat the egg whites until you see stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the eggnog. Whisk in the remaining 1 c. heavy cream until you see stiff peaks form, and fold this into the eggnog. Sprinkle with nutmeg and enjoy!
- Incorporate your winter wonderland theme into you menu. Top the cupcakes with blue frosting and white sprinkles. Find blue and white candy canes to add to your dessert table. You can even order blue and silver (or blue and white) candies for the dessert table or as party favors.
- Create a special playlist to evoke an old Hollywood elegance. If your winter wonderland party is during the holiday season, include a few holiday songs. Mix in classic tunes such as, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee, "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" by Dean Martin, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Frank Sinatra, and "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt.
Picture the beautiful ambiance of a winter wonderland party filled with blue, silver, and white decorations, delicious cocktails, delicious treats, and great music! Start planning your winter wonderland party today!