If you are looking for a unique and exciting theme for a party that you are hosting at a local venue, why not make it a Jazz Age celebration! The roaring 1920’s were a time of flappers, zoot suits, speakeasies, gambling and prohibition. A roaring 20s party is the perfect way to celebrate any event. Here’s how to get started:
- Invitations: Send out vintage invitations to your guests as an admission ticket to your speakeasy club, complete with a secret password! Here are a few beautiful free vintage invitation designs. Create your event on Punchbowl to access these and much more.
- Decorations: Find black and white tablecloths for your party and decorate using old wine bottles and vintage photographs. Use candles, low lighting, and smoke from a fog machine to further create your 1920’s club atmosphere.
- Food and Drinks: For appetizers, serve shrimp cocktail, salted nuts, bread sticks, and caviar. If you are also serving dinner at your party, some popular entrées from this time period for you to serve are baked ham, Yorkshire pudding, biscuits, and Waldorf salad. Wine, beer, champagne, and mint juleps are also perfect drinks to serve at your party.
- Activities: Set up Roulette, Blackjack, or a cards table in the corner of your party so your guests can enjoy some gambling and leave the rest of the space of your venue open as a dance floor or other tables for sitting and mingling.
- Attire: If you'd like to give your guests inspiration, just look to some famous films set in that decade. Some examples include the musical Chicago for the jazz and flapper inspiration. Check out The Untouchables to see what the men of that time wore, including the famous gang leader, Al Capone.