Christmas Baby Shower Ideas
Whether the mom-to-be is expecting her little one over the winter months or she simply LOVES the holiday season, a Christmas or winter-themed baby shower can be a joyful, fun, and festive experience. Let’s take a look at how to plan an unforgettable Christmas baby shower that both Momma and her guests will enjoy!
Christmas Baby Shower Invitations
Set the tone for your baby shower with a beautiful online Christmas baby shower invitation that matches your theme. Customize your digital invitation, send it to all of your guests, and easily keep track of RSVPs. You can also communicate with guests leading up to the event and include helpful details such as a gift registry and map to the venue.
December Baby Shower Ideas
The last month of the year is full of joyful celebrations, traditions, and customs. Here are a few Christmas baby shower themes that draw inspiration from these festivities, and one idea that’s a bit outside the box!
- Santa Baby Shower. Throw a Christmas-themed baby shower with jolly old Saint Nicholas at the center of your theme. If you’re hosting the shower at home, wrap red and white ribbon or streamers around lamp posts or door frames in the house and place reindeer figures on the lawn. If you have a fireplace, you can take a pair of pants, stuff the legs with newspaper, add a pair of shoes to the bottom and hang this so it dangles and looks like Santa is coming down the chimney. Pass out Santa hats to guests and the mom-to-be to get them in a merry mood!
- Candy Cane Baby Shower. Dress tables with red tablecloths and white table settings and place candy canes on the tables for decorations and in vases for centerpieces. Twist red and white Christmas lights around lamp posts outside and twist red and white garlands around columns and door frames inside. Use clothespins to hang red and white baby socks and onesies on twine behind the mom-to-be wherever she opens gifts.
- Nightmare Before Christmas Baby Shower. Does the mom-to-be love Christmas AND Halloween? Treat this die-hard Jack Skellington fan to a fun and edgy Nightmare Before Christmas baby shower! Purchase red and purple colored tablecloths, napkins, and other party supplies and use balloons, paper bats, and colorful streamers to liven up your party area. Make a black, purple, and red diaper cake with ribbons and a cute sign that says “Expecting a Little Nightmare” or “A Baby’s Brewing.” Lastly, be sure to send a Nightmare Before Christmas invitation to help set the stage for your NBC baby shower!
Christmas Baby Shower Menu
Keep guests and their tummies happy with these Christmas and winter baby shower food ideas.
- Hot Chocolate Bar. Baby, it’s cold outside! Help guests get the chill out of their bones with a fun hot cocoa bar. Set up a station with festive, holiday-themed mugs and plenty of whipped cream and mini marshmallows, candy canes, and chocolate chips.
- Santa Snacks. Assemble jolly hors d’oeuvres that look like Santa by taking round crackers and adding ricotta cheese for his beard. Use capers for eyes and a nose and celery slices for a mustache. Top it off with a hat cut out of a pepperoni slice and attached with another dab of ricotta.
- Chili & Soups. Keep guests warm and cozy with hearty soups, stews, and chilis. Some winter favorites include Roasted Butternut Squash, Rotisserie Chicken Noodle, Harvest Vegetable, Tomato Basil, Creamy Corn & Potato Chowder, Turkey Chili, and Sweet Potato Chili. Be sure to include crackers or rolls with butter with whatever you serve.
- Candy Cane Brownies. Bake your favorite brownies and while still hot, crush some candy canes and sprinkle them on top. Watch the candy cane sprinkles melt as the brownies cool off. Cut the brownies into bars and serve in a festive cupcake liner.
Christmas Baby Shower Activities
Christmas-themed baby shower games help keep the celebration fun and jovial. The game “What’s in Baby’s Stocking?” is a cute activity where a Christmas stocking is filled with baby items and passed among guests who try to guess what’s inside without looking. Everyone should get a turn to feel the items inside and write down what they think they are. The person with the most correct guesses can win a gift card or other small prize!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now