Barbie Birthday Party
Does your daughter love Barbie? Then a Barbie birthday party is the perfect theme for her next big celebration! The iconic fashion doll can inspire all aspects of party planning from the invitations to the party favors. Here are some simple Barbie birthday party ideas to help you throw a successful Barbie birthday celebration.
- Invitations: Set the stage for the party with Barbie birthday invitations you can send online. Personalize the invite with important event details, send by text or email, and easily collect RSVPs in minutes.
- Decorations: Think pink when it comes to your Barbie birthday decorations. Start by tying bright pink, pale pink, purple, and silver balloons throughout the space. Accent the balloons with ribbon and streamers in the same colors. Flower bouquets make great table decorations, so display an assortment of pink-hued flowers to display in the center of every table. Use actual Barbie dolls to complete your décor by placing them throughout the party space and on your tables. Some additional Barbie birthday party supplies you can include are Barbie themed plates, cups, napkins, confetti, and party hats.
- Cake: Barbie birthday cakes are feminine, fun and easy to make at home. Start by baking a round, two layer yellow or chocolate cake. While the cake is baking, make pink frosting using white frosting and a few drops of red food coloring. Then, frost your cake after it has cooled. Top with a real Barbie doll and accent with Barbie accessories like shoes, purses, hats and dresses. For some added detail, use purple frosting to write “Happy Birthday” on top of the cake. Alternatively, you could also make a Barbie Dress Cake (pictured below).
- Activities: Girls love to play Barbie birthday party games, so pick one or two to play during the celebration. A Barbie fashion show is ideal because girls adore dressing up and playing pretend. Set up a mini runway and "back stage" area with dresses, shoes and kid-friendly makeup for the girls to put on. Play music and let everyone walk down the runway in their new outfits. Another easy game is a Barbie play area where the girls can play with the dolls. Set up a designated area that has an assortment of dolls and lots of Barbie accessories.
- Party Favors: For your Barbie birthday party favors, give each girl a themed goodie bag. Fill the bags with lots of Barbie-inspired items like Barbie doll accessories, lip-gloss, stickers, coloring books, hair accessories, bubbles and candy.
- Thank You: After the celebration, send Barbie Thank You eCards to let guests know how much you appreciate them attending. Personalize the cards and send via text or email in minutes.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now