5 Ways to Celebrate New Year's
From Christmas and Hanukkah to New Year's Eve - the holidays are a busy time for celebrations! If you find yourself still in need of plans to ring in the new year, check out these ideas for December 31st. From hosting an impromptu gathering to heading out for a night on the town, there are many ways to celebrate New Year's.
- Host a casual New Year’s celebration. There are several benefits to hosting a New Year’s party at your home. First, you don’t have to worry about driving anywhere. Second, you have complete control over the guest list, food, and activities so you can party with all of your favorite people, snacks, and entertainment. Lastly, your friends will be so grateful that someone is hosting a party and solving their “what to do for New Year’s” dilemma!
- Attend a First Night event. Many cities host New Year’s festivities on New Year’s Eve that include music, fireworks, food vendors, ice sculptures, entertainment and more. Boston was the first city to host a First Night celebration, however, now First Nights occur in multiple states across the country! Find First Night festivities in your area!
- Make a delicious New Year’s dish. Whether you’re hosting a New Year’s celebration, attending a party, or joining friends for New Year’s day festivities, bring a dish that your friends will love. From delicious finger foods and bite-size appetizers to New Year’s desserts and recipes that bring good fortune, you’ll find something special to make for your event.
- Watch some fireworks. New Year’s is one of the most popular occasions for fireworks. There will be fireworks displays all over the word on December 31st starting in New Zealand and working their way through each time zone as the clocks strike midnight. Visit your local news website to find fireworks shows in your area.
- Send New Year’s greetings. Regardless of what you plan to do to ring in the year, it is unlikely that you’ll get to hug and kiss everyone that you care about when the clock strikes midnight. Make sure to wish friends and family a happy New Year with a free digital New Year’s card. Send a free digital card for New Year's and schedule your card to send on January 1st!
A new year brings fresh beginnings and brand new opportunities to share celebrations. Start yours off right with a great New Year's Eve. Need to invite friends and family to your New Year’s Eve celebration this year? Try one of our free New Year’s Eve invitations!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now