Need bridal shower ideas? A wine tasting bridal shower is a unique and fun way to celebrate with the bride-to-be before her big day. Whether you decide to make the wine tasting soiree elegant or casual, this theme will make your bridal bash unique and memorable.
Here are some wine tasting bridal shower ideas to help jump start your party planning:
- Pick a Location: Begin the party planning by deciding where to host your bridal shower wine tasting party. If you have a large budget, consider a local party venue like a winery or vineyard. Wineries often are willing to accommodate large parties and all everyone will have to do is enjoy the wine. If you want to keep the party more casual, host it at someone’s house and you will have the ability to decide the decorations, the food, and wine.
- Invitations: Incorporate your theme into the bridal shower invitations to give guests a taste of what to expect. Pick a design that has deep red or light yellow hues to represent the colors of wine. Accent your design with pictures of wine bottles or wine glasses for an added touch. Customize the invite message with a saying such as, “Please join us for a wine tasting bridal shower in honor of...” Don’t forget to also include details such as the time, date, and location of the bridal shower.
- Decorations: To match your wine tasting theme, choose decorations that are simple and elegant. Flowers are always a great way to transform your party space and are perfect for this type of celebration. Buy flowers that complement the colors of the wine such as red roses, golden lilies, and red gerberas. Be creative with your bouquet displays. For a chic look, use old wine bottles as vases for the flowers.
- The Wine: The wine is the most important part of your party. If you are hosting it at home and don’t consider yourself a wine expert there’s no need to stress. For a party of 15-17, you will want to purchase three bottles of red, three bottles of white, one bottle of dessert wine, and one bottle of champagne. Adjust these numbers depending on the party size or wine preference. Most wine specialty store will be able to help you pick out wines that are delicious and within your price range.
- Food: Cheese is a classic food pairing with wine, so consider making your menu all about cheese. Some great wine and cheese bridal shower party ideas include an assorted gourmet cheese platter with crackers, olives, and cured meats. Some other more filling dishes you can consider putting on your party menu are mini cheese quiches, baked brie, fried cheese balls, and dates stuffed with gorgonzola.
For the bride who loves the finer things in life, a wine tasting bridal shower is a wonderful way to gather friends and family together to celebrate her nuptuals.