Host a Graduation Party at Home
Hosting a graduation party at home? Here's a helpful planning checklist you can use to make sure you have everything taken care of before the big day!
- Invitations: Make an impression with beautiful graduation invitations for your party. Punchbowl offers a variety of themed graduation designs as well as photo invitations. Include a map with directions to your house. If parking is an issue or if the party is a surprise, advise guests on where they should park.
- Menu: You have enough on your plate when you decide to host a graduation party at home. Hire a caterer to take some of the stress off of you. Keep it light with cold cuts and salads, or create a buffet of pastas and salad. Either way, you'll be able to focus on other items on your to-do list.
- Cake: A graduation is a momentus occasion. Celebrate it with the kind of cake it deserves! Work with a local bakery to create an amazing graduation cake that your grad will love.
- Party Rentals: Regardless of the size of your home or yard, you'll likely need to supplement your existing tables, chairs, silverware, etc. with party rentals. In addition to conventional rental items, look into rentals that can add a little something to the party. For example, a margarita fountain could be fun for a college graduation party while a cotton candy machine might make sense for a middle school graduation party.
- Staffing: Whenever you host an event at your home, you want to make sure everything is looking its best. Consider hiring a house cleaning service before and/or after the party. Additionally, if your catering service does not provide waitstaff, there are companies that can provide bartenders or waitstaff for your event.
- Decorations: Create a festive graduation party atmosphere with balloons in the grad's school colors. A simple balloon arch at the entryway will get guests excited for what's to come. Strategically placed balloon arrangements will add to the party vibe. For a med school or law school graduation, consider elegant flower arrangements instead of balloons.
- Photography: A graduation is a big day that you'll want to remember. As the host of the party, you cannot be expected to take photos during the party. Hire a photographer to document the day. You can also place disposable cameras on party tables and encourage guests to take their own pictures!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now