Tips for a Safe & Fun Halloween
Have a blast on pumpkin day and follow these Halloween safety tips. The following suggestions are advisable for adults and provide helpful Halloween safety for children.
Here are a few safety tips for Halloween to keep in mind:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Kids should be supervised by a responsible adult when trick-or-treating.
- Carry a flashlight and dress in bright colors (not black).
- Wear a reflector on both your front side and back side, and even on your shoes to make drivers aware of your presence.
- Carry a glow stick during trick-or-treating.
- Only visit familiar houses in your neighborhood.
- Trick-or-treat on streets with sidewalks.
- Trick-or-treat early and return before dark.
- Map out your trick-or-treating route in advance and make sure another family member knows about your plans.
- Carry a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Do not eat unwrapped candy.
- Dispose of any candy with tears or holes in the wrappers.
- Go trick-or-treating with a buddy.
- Avoid houses without lit front lights.
- Bring a bottle of water on your trick-or-treating adventure.
- Check in at home at least one time.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear warm clothing or bring a jacket.
- Watch out for jack-o-lanterns that contain candles with flames.
- Don’t eat too much candy!
Share these important tips for a safe and fun Halloween with family and friends. Take Halloween safety for children seriously and give your kids important pointers. Now go out and have a wonderful Halloween!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now