Get ahead of the game and start Thanksgiving planning in advance! Prepare now and start to think about Thanksgiving preparations, especially what is involved in planning a large Thanksgiving dinner. Create a Thanksgiving planning checklist to ensure you purchase all of the Thanksgiving staples and have an idea of what needs to be done prior to the feast.
Thanksgiving planning guide:
- Invitations: Make your guest list in advance of inviting guests for Thanksgiving. Determine seating arrangements and the maximum number of people. Invite family and friends over for Thanksgiving dinner with an invitation from the Punchbowl website. Choose from a variety of options and include information such as the name of the event, date, time and location.
- Set-up: Count your tables, chairs, plates, glasses, cups and utensils in advance of Thanksgiving. Make sure there is a seat for everyone! Don’t forget tablecloths, napkins, serving platters, serving bowls, bread baskets, gravy bowls, serving utensils, coffee pot, cream pitcher and sugar bowl so there isn't any last-minute scrambling for household items.
- Decorations: Prepare your house or Thanksgiving venue with fantastic and festive decorations. Decorate with table cloths and runners in warm fall colors such as red, orange, yellow or brown. Add an inviting touch with mums for flowers, cornucopias, votive candles, decorative fall leaves and pinecones.
- Food: Serve delicious food to your guests for Thanksgiving. Start with appetizers such as cheese and crackers and stuffed mushrooms. Serve turkey for a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Complement the turkey with side dishes such as stuffing, corn bread, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce and ham. Serve mouth-watering desserts such as pumpkin, pecan, blueberry and apple pies. Add a scoop of ice cream to the top for an extra pop of flavor!
- Drinks: Serve a variety of different drinks at Thanksgiving. Prepare both alcoholic drinks and non-alcoholic drinks. Purchase bottles of diet and regular soda and bottles of water. Buy sweet apple cider for a special treat! Serve red and white wine for alcoholic beverages. Serve decaf and regular coffee for dessert beverages. Don’t forget the ice!
Show your gratitude for loved ones with good food and even better conversation. Start planning Thanksgiving dinner now!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now