Planning a baby shower for a baby girl? A ladybug baby shower is a great shower theme for the mom-to-be who knows she's having a baby girl, especially in the spring and summer months. A ladybug baby shower theme is also a nice option for the expectant mom who isn't a huge fan of the color pink, which is often the color most associated with girl baby showers.
Here are some decoration ideas and other tips for hosting a ladybug baby shower:
- Balloons/Flowers: Throughout your venue, use black and white balloons and/or flowers accented with punches of red for a modern take on the ladybug theme. Simple arrangements and balloon bouquets will do—let the colors do the talking!
- Party Supplies: Dress tables with red tablecloths and use black and white alternating table settings. The good thing about this theme is that you can use the basic colors for your papergoods and party supplies to achieve the ladybug look.
- Centerpieces: Fill mason jars with red and white Gerber daisies to create simple and charming centerpieces. Finish the look with a grosgrain ribbon tied around the jar. You can put one jar on each table and add a row of these centerpieces to the dessert table to complete the look.
- Dessert: Instead of a traditional cake, whip up a sweet treat in the form of ladybug cupcakes. There are a few ways you can choose to decorate your ladybug cupcake. You can make the top of the cupcake look like a ladybug with red frosting topped with either brown M&Ms or mini Oreos for the dots. Or, you can frost the cupcakes with green frosting to look like the grass and place mini ladybug candies on top with a pretty flower.
- Favors: Send guests home with tasty candy favors made of red and white or red and black M&Ms. Tie clear cellophane bags with various ribbons in the colors of the shower. Some can be striped, some can be polka dots - the mixing and matching with add to the whimsy of the theme.
- Invitations: Set the tone for the shower with a beautiful free baby shower invitation that matches the ladybug theme. Customize your digital invitation, send it to all of your guests and easily keep track of RSVPs. You can also communicate with guests leading up to the event and include helpful details for your guests such as a gift registry and map to the venue.