Need a fun theme for your kid’s next birthday bash? Little ones will go bananas for a Curious George birthday party! Curious George is the monkey that all kids can relate to because he's fun, playful, and always gets into mischief. Get inspired by this classic character from children's literature and create a magical world for your child's birthday party.
Here are some fabulous Curious George birthday party ideas to help you throw a successful bash:
- Invitations: Send out monkey themed kids birthday invitations to the party guests. Punchbowl offers adorable monkey designs that are ideal for this theme. Make sure to send out your invites 3-4 weeks in advance and include details such as the time, date, and location of the party.
- Decorations: Think red and yellow when picking out your party decorations. Balloons and streamers are a great way to transform any space into a whimsical party room. For your table decorations, arrange a large banana leaf, bananas, and a Curious George stuffed animal at the center of each table. Other Curious George birthday supplies to include are yellow Curious George party hats, confetti, noise makers, and monkey themed napkins, plates, and cups.
- Food: Think bananas when planning your party menu. Some great ideas are peanut butter and banana sandwiches, banana pancakes, banana bread, fresh fruit salad, banana chips, and trail mix. You can also draw inspiration from the Curious George story by serving zoo-themed snacks as well. Things like peanuts, pretzels, and cotton candy are all kid friendly and delicious.
- Cake: Serve a Curious George birthday cake at the party. Buy one from a local bakery or design your own cake that is chocolate frosted and topped with a curious George picture or cake topper. If you want to get even more creative, follow this recipe for monkey cupcakes. Serve the cake with a choice of chocolate, vanilla, or banana ice cream for a final sweet touch.
- Activity #1: Play "monkey see, monkey do." It is a Curious George twist on the classic Simon-Says game. Have an adult be the head monkey and say commands like, “Monkey says touch your nose!” If you don’t say, “monkey says,” before a command then whoever does it is eliminated.
- Activity #2: To keep with the Curious George theme, why not read the Curious George book? It is a great way to incorporate reading into the party and everyone will love hearing the story. There is even a Curious George birthday theme book titled, "Curious George and the Birthday Surprise."
- Party Favors: Create party favors inspired by the Curious George theme. Give out bags of assorted banana flavored candies or give each guest a barrel of monkeys, which is a classic kids toy and can be found at most toy or party supply stores. Be creative when thinking of Curious George birthday ideas and favors. Homemade favors are always a great idea!
A Curious George birthday party is just what your little one will want and the Curious George birthday theme will get all the kids in a celebrating spirit.