Black & Orange Halloween Cocktail Party
Need a chic Halloween party theme to set your party apart from the rest? Make it simple! Host a black and orange Halloween cocktail party. This is a great theme that you can easily incorporate into your invitations, decorations, drinks, and party food. It is also different from the traditional spooky party themes making it perfect for an adult Halloween event or corporate function.
Here are some fabulous black & orange themed Halloween cocktail party ideas to help you plan a perfect celebration.
- Invitations: Send out Halloween cocktail party invitations that incorporate the black and orange theme. Have the base of the invite be orange with black text or visa versa. FInd a design that incorporates traditional Halloween images (witch, ghost, bat, pumpkin, etc.) for a spooky yet chic look. Make sure to alert guests about the theme and if there are any dress code requirements (ie black and orange attire, cocktail attire, costume party, etc.).
- Menu: For the Halloween cocktail party food make everything black or orange. Think of things like carrots and a black bean dip, blue corn chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, pumpkin dip, etc. The possibilities are endless. You can even make some of your own treats and use food coloring to make them either black or orange. Since it's a cocktail party, there's no need to plan a full entree. You should be fine with finger foods and hors d'oeuvres.
- Dessert: An easy dessert ideas for your party is black and orange cupcakes. All you need is store bought cake mix (one chocolate and one yellow) and frosting (again, one chocolate and one vanilla), plus orange food coloring. When making the yellow cupcakes, add a small amount of orange food coloring to make them look orange. Do the same with the vanilla frosting. Use the chocolate frosting on the orange cupcakes and the orange frosting on the chocolate cupcakes. They make the perfect Halloween dessert!
- Signature Cocktail: For drinks think along the same lines as the food, just make them black and orange! Have mixers such as orange soda, orange juice, grape juice, or any brown soda (cola, root beer, etc). If you want to get even more creative, use the food coloring from your cupcakes and make a signature black or orange party punch or cocktail! Here's one orange cocktail recipe we love:
Spooky Cider Cocktail
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 oz. real maple syrup
- 1 oz. apple cider
- 2 oz. vodka
- club soda
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the sliced apple and lime wedges. Add the maple syrup, apple cider, and vodka. Fill with ice, cover, and shake until throughly combined. Strain into a glass, top with club soda and enjoy!
- Decorations: To create a classic look for your Halloween cocktail party, incoprorate beautiful decorations like you would for any other occasion. However, to give the decorations a Halloween feel, use the black and orange color scheme. For example, create a beautiful flower display using various types of orange flowers including roses, lillies, and carnations. Put them in a square vase filled with black rocks to create a stunning look. Another traditional decoration idea for a Halloween cocktail party is pumpkins. For a playful twist, paint black stripes on orange pumpkins of of varying sizes to create a table centerpiece or mantel decoration.
Another fun touch for black & orange Halloween cocktail party is to use tealights to provide mood lighting. Find orange votive holders or small mason jars to put in strategic locations around your party space. Definitely try out your party lighting in advance of the event to make sure you have enough!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now